Where to get support

You should always consult an eye consultant as the primary source of help if you have this condition.

If you have not yet seen an eye consultant, but suspect that you have this condition, you should speak with your GP or optician in the first instance. They will direct you as appropriate to obtain a full medical diagnosis.

At Fuchsfriends UK we do not have the expertise or medical knowledge to advise you on your condition. We can however help with practical advice on how to cope with the disease. Our members are all at varying stages in the development of this disease, and they have immense personal experience of coping on a day-to-day basis.
On this website you will find information about the disease, the treatments available and practical hints on coping with the disease.
Our website is divided into two sections. The public pages contain general information about the condition; but most of the practical help and information is on our members’ pages and can be accessed after joining the group.

Joining the group is free and takes no more than a few minutes. It will also enable you to access our forum which contains over 13,000 messages posted by our members and is a great source of information and help.